Magic Mosue Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nohg, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Nohg macrumors member

I've got my Magic Mouse and I want to use it with Win7 Ultimate x64. I've seen others reporting success but I'm not having any. It doesn't show up in the device browser. In OSX I told my computer to "delete" the mouse from the Bluetooth list. Back in 7, still no dice. So, I am forced to conclude that much like my other BT mice, the device must be "reset" to show up on a new computer. I'm not seeing an obvious "reset" button like on my M$ mice. No matter what I do, I can still see it showing up in OSX in the "devices you can add" category as "<MY NAME>'s Mouse".

In short, how do I get my mouse to contract amnesia and forget all about OSX and play nice with windows 7? Or is this another thing Apple's working on and I don't have the drivers yet?

Your input is, as always, appreciated!

-Nohg

2. Nohg thread starter macrumors member

Mmmm update: Now I can see a generic "Mouse" in 7 that fails to pair with error code 0x80070015. Progress? Backslide?

3. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Mine wouldnt work after installing Windows 7 x64 and using boot camp assistant. I ran MAC/Windows update and installed a bluetooth update. Since then it has been detected and working.

Only issue is that every 5 min or so, it will lag and become unresponsive for 10-15 seconds.

4. Nohg thread starter macrumors member

More directly: Is there a way to give my mouse a brain wipe? Or is OSX naming it after me by default?