Magic Mouse 2 - Windows 10 Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jtbenjam1, Dec 2, 2016.

1. jtbenjam1 macrumors newbie

Just upgraded from a Magic Mouse 1 to a 2 and everything is working aside from the scroll function.

Ive researched this extensively, and tried updating Bootcamp Drivers, as well as Apple Software Update and trackpadmagic.com but nothing is working. Looking for any other advice. Thanks.

2. GoodOne macrumors regular

Hm, mine worked out of the box with the Bootcamp Drivers.

Try deleting the device from the Bluetooth menu and then re-pair it.

3. crjackson2134 macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

Sorry to revive this old thread, but... Like the OP, my MM1 works perfectly but after purchasing a MM2, it won’t scroll at all. It connected without issue out of the box, and the button clicks are fine as far as I can tell. However it won’t scroll at all.

So far, my only success has been just using the MM1. I did download and try a utility called Magic Trackpad or somesuch, and it saw the mouse and wouldn’t configure it. It too worked perfectly with the MM1.

What’s the dealio, is there no hope in using my new MM2 with Win10?

4. skizzo macrumors regular

@crjackson2134 I recently installed Windows 10 and recently purchased a Magic Mouse 2 also. This seems to be a known issue with Windows installs (at least 7 and 10) on Macs. I did lots of searching too but the magic scroll function just does not work. There was some developer that is selling a subscription service into making their drivers work with the MM2. https://magicutilities.net/ That seemed silly to me though, paying yearly to have a single missing function working. It is a PITA not having the scroll function it is still a usable device in Windows. So in a nut shell the dealio is the mouse works minus the scroll function

5. crjackson2134 macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

Thanks for the reply. I download a trial copy of that utility before posting. It didn't work either anyway. I find it weird that the MM1 works perfectly, and MM2 does not. I just wasn't expecting that...

Anyway, I have both versions of the mouse, so I guess the v1 mouse is my Windows mouse now.