Magic Mouse alternative

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by v2club, Feb 26, 2012.

1. v2club macrumors regular

I am looking for Apple's magic mouse alternative, because I don't like the shape and mostly because it's too expensive. I'm looking for a mouse that would work with both Mac and PC and also that comes with a bluetooth usb stick and works both with it and without it. (I've got a PC without built-in Bluetooth so for that I need a USB Bluetooth stick and I've got a MacBook Pro with built-in Bluetooth so for it I don't need one). Any suggestions?

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

There are Touch Mice, there are Bluetooth/USB mice, but there are no Bluetooth/USB Touch Mice. You'll have to sacrifice one for the other.

3. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I use this mouse, which does include the wireless USB "unifying receiver".

The wife uses a logitech m505, which I used prior to the MX listed above.

4. v2club thread starter macrumors regular

I don't need Touch Mice, I just need it to work with moth Mac and PC and since it's a bluetooth, it wouldn't necessarily need a usb Bluetooth stick in order to work.

----------

Yeah, I was looking for something up to 20 quid max

5. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

I use the same mouse, migrated it from my old Winders© PC, works outstandingly well. Extra buttons map to some handy functions, there’s a native OSX Logitech control center for configuration, monitoring battery life, etc.

The only caveat is it does use a proprietary USB adapter, it’s very tiny, but it does take up a USB port. Upside is it will also work with a Logitech keyboard (I’m also using a K800 wireless/backlit).

Very comfy to use too (I use it ~10 hours a day)

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Do you have an iPhone? If so why not try one of the mouse apps that basically convert your phone into a magic mouse. I'm trying jumiOne at the moment, but there are plenty of others to try.

7. edk99 macrumors 6502a

8. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Anything from Logitech's Unifying Receiver wireless mice lineup should work for you :)

9. Boe11 macrumors 6502a

10. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Wait, explain clearly the criteria that your mouse must meet.

This is a bit confusing, since the Magic Mouse is supported by Windows.