Magic Mouse Alternative

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by techydud3, Aug 1, 2012.

1. techydud3 macrumors newbie

I just got a rMBP (and love it!) and am seeking a mouse. I use an iMac at work with a magic mouse - which I'm not too crazy about. I like it, but it is pretty glitchy IMO.

I used the Razer Orochi with my macbook, however it is more geared for windows. The forward and back buttons dont work, however there is an option to input commands. I want a mouse that functions great with a mac - not a windows mouse that is compatible with mac.

Does anyone have any mouse they like? I am mobile a lot, so I don't want a huge chunky mouse, but I wouldn't be opposed to checking one out.

I would appreciate any opinions!

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

If you want to use a mouse with your Mac that doesn't have a very good driver, you can use a third party mac mouse driver to help get the mouse settings the way you want it.

One of those drivers is SteerMouse.

This should allow you to use a windows mouse + get the button setup you want on your Mac.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The Razor Orochi & Magic Mouse are pretty much the best Bluetooth mice out there. There is a Logitech MX Bluetooth mouse but it only comes bundled with a keyboard.
    I use BetterTouchTool to get two out of four Orochi buttons assigned.

4. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

5. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

the razer orochi is both bluetooth and wired. your call

6. Mirabelleter macrumors newbie

7. GoGamecocks macrumors member

Probably a Logitech mouse. I am thinking about buying the Logitech M510 this weekend.

8. Romasport macrumors newbie

What about microsoft mice?

I have just purchased a keyboard + mouse combo from Microsoft. It's the wireless desktop 5000 with comes with the mouse of the same model. I liked it so far but the intellipoint + intellikey drivers has some issues with Mountain Lion. You have to go to the preference panel every time you boot your computer to enable it... The keyboard works flawless but the intellipoint software has some sort of conflict with the original generic drives.

Anyway, if it works with steermouse (and if you don't mind paying the extra 20 bucks), I guess it's a good contender...