Magic Mouse alternatives

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JonL12345, Jan 6, 2015.

1. JonL12345 macrumors regular

I got my iMac destop and Magic Mouse. But to be quite honest, I am using my PC more than the Mac. One reason I think is that I find the Magic Mouse really unergonomic.

My PC mouse is a £10 TeckNet thing and its super comfortable. I would have expected more from the Magic Mouse, to be honest.

I use Parallels and Windows. The Magic Mouse is good for swiping between OSX and Windows, so for that is good. Also, going to previous web pages using swipe left. Nice touch. To be honest though, the buttons on my cheap mouse are just as good.

With this in mind, are there any good mice for use with the iMac desktop?

I worry about compatibility and also how will I get to my Windows screen without the two finger swipe on my Magic Mouse?

Thanks,

Jon

2. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

You Don't Need Those Stinking Buttons!

Comparability? Swipes?

Try a Magic Trackpad and enjoy the OS X desktop experience like you never have before. Give yourself a week or two to adjust and then come back to let us know how you like it!

3. MrJandali macrumors member

Imho there is no "alternative" to that crappy so called "Magic" Mouse. I tried my best to get used to it for months ... forced me.... tried to persuade myself this is a good mouse. Without success.

There are several nice, high quality mice out there. Currently I´m running on a Steelseries Sensei, which is giving me the best comfort ever.

TrackPad: Oh no, no, no. Honestly: Who uses the Apple trackpad ? A minority. Seems to be fine for just a few people out there, just for some special purposes. My TrackPad is right there next to my Magic Mouse... In a cupboard. Same efforts to get used to it, tried all functions for months.... Sorry...

4. Celerondon, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015

Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

Ymmv

Well JonL12345, there you have the full range of advice on Magic Mouse alternatives. Try a Magic Trackpad or ignore the option used by “a minority” and find another mouse. I could argue that the so-called minority should include the majority of Mac purchasers who select touchpad-equipped portables.
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-apple-took-over-the-only-segment-of-the-pc-market-that-still-matters/

After all, Mac laptop users do inherit the entire suite of gestures and superpowers that are granted to trackpad users in OS X. But hey, it is your choice after all and MrJandall is entitled to his opinion.

Some of my friends despise 3D films. They refuse to try the new projection systems (Cameron’s technology) because the old bi-colored goggles failed to work for them. Both times that I watched Avatar in a 3D equipped theater, I saw the jellyfish-looking seeds from the Tree of Souls floating around the theater.

Your mileage may vary.