Magic Mouse and FPG's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silviotiago, Dec 31, 2011.

1. silviotiago macrumors newbie

Hello,

I searched in forum and I found no concrete question like this, I hope I'm not mistaken.

I have a Apple Magic Mouse for 1 year, normally I play games on PS3, but sometimes I'm travelling and I installed some games like COD, Borderlands and MC Domination, but when I cannot make zoom and fire. I mean, I can make zoom (right click) but then while pressing right click if I do a left click, the mouse simply doesn't recognize it.

How can I turn around this issue? I believe that Apple had think about this, and it's something that I skip for sure.

I want to keep same "keys" , right click to zoom and left to fire, and I don't want to change to a "normal" mouse everytime I'm playing games!

Thank you in advance!

I will you a Happy New Year 2012!

2. Elevon macrumors regular

The Magic Mouse isn't an ideal mouse for gaming, or any other 'multitouch' featured mouses. I would suggest investing a little extra in the Razor Orochi for a better Mac gaming experience.

3. silviotiago thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for answer and for mouse recommendation!

So, Apple failed in this aspect? We cannot use "left click" while, in this case, have 'zoom on' with "right click"?

It was a quite expensive mouse for not having this function :/

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I wouldn't say apple failed but rather they never really kept gamers in mind when developing products for the Mac. Its a design choice that had a negative impact on some sectors (gamers) of the computer market.

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Sadly, other than looking nice I`ve only found the Magic Mouse to be good as a paperweight.
    Mice have never really been Apples strong point (iMac hockey puck, Mighty Mouse with dodgy scrollball etc.)

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I remember that mouse - that was probably the worst mouse I ever used. I think the magic mouse is an ok mouse but yeah there are better alternatives

7. WarpSpawn macrumors member

Given Apple's mouse back catalogue (at least what I have seen of it) and the relatively recent and far from universal addition of right button aiming, I'd actually say it possibly more the opposite. That the domination of Windows as the computer gaming platform of choice has resulted in some developers never really keeping Apple users in mind with certain games. At least those using stock Apple peripherals in any case. Anything else would be a more generalised debate about the merits of single button mice and not specific to games.

8. thundersteele macrumors 68030

This. The external touchpad is nice, but Apple mice are just not very useful, at least for me. For some devices, it is not good to be different from any other product.

9. onions macrumors member

i like the razor naga myself. the thumb numeric pad takes some getting used to but i can select my units in a flash with it now in sc ii.