Magic Mouse and Games..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mirai 11, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

Hello, very keen on a magic mouse, just wanted to know how the experiences are when used in games such as Team Fortress, Portal?
    Thanks!

2. FoxMcCloud macrumors 6502a

3. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

4. MacbookWoo macrumors member

Listen, I know that most people are not very happy with the Magic Mouse at all, I was talking to a close friend of mine who has worked for Apple for 2 years and he told me that an update is coming very very soon which should help out a lot..... I bought my MM a week before Xmas and when I got it I absolutely hated it and have probably used it twice......

I play a lot of poker online and I cashed in a nice tournament this week, I had been debating buying an iMac for sometime now and I decided to save some money and buy a monitor etc and hook it all up to my MBP... My only problem this stupid mouse.... The Apple rep at Bestbuy is like you have got to get this mouse pad if you hate the MM, So I decided to get it and now I love this mouse more than ever..... It runs amazingly smooth and it just fits so nice... Here is the link this is the best mouse pad money will buy trust me

What makes it so nice is it is no flemsy at all and it is 3x the size of a regular mouse pad.... Check it out and anyone who uses a MM I would HIGHLY suggest getting this thing....

http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/p-67-rocketfish-gaming-mouse-pad-black.aspx

If you have any questions about it shoot me a PM and ill help ya out the best I can

5. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I appreciate that, i may try it out when i get the chance to shop around.
    Have you tried it with Steam at all? Team Fortress 2? Thats the clincher for me, specially as its on Mac soon.

6. FoxMcCloud macrumors 6502a

Its a nice mouse (especially when combined with the MagicPrefs software) for general web browsing and stuff.

But for games, it is a no go. As it only has one button, and you have to raise your left click finger in order to click with your right click finger on the right side of the mouse, makes it difficult for games, especially FPS and RTS which I play alot. You cannot, and I must stress this, cannot beat a standard mouse for gaming. My Logitech MX600 is brilliant. Under windows atleast. Under OSX it doesnt move as nice, but atleast it has real buttons which is a must for gaming.

7. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

just thought i'd bump to say ive bought the mouse, really good, ive got two programs running doing custom gestures, one swipe to the right changes tabs in chrome, pressing the apple logo refreshes the page and so on. going to add more in spotify and itunes tonight
    Its something to play with while i wait for the macbook pro refresh anyway, and of course Steam for Mac, but i realize i'll probably have to use another mouse for the games.
    But so far, brilliant!