Magic Mouse and iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Matt-M, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Matt-M macrumors regular

Matt-M

Is the two-finger swipe in iTunes working for anyone?

Swipe works fine for me in iPhoto, Safari, even Firefox, but in iTunes, I can only scroll rapidly through coverflow. The Magic Mouse demo video explicitly shows and says you can browse albums in coverflow one at a time using a two-finger swipe.

I found at least two other people with the same issue in the Apple forums, but have yet to hear if it is working correctly for anyone.

2. PatrickCarroll macrumors newbie

Yes, this has happened to me too. But I personally like to use the "List" view, coverflow is a little awkward to me. But I'm sure theres a way to slow it down.

3. DiElle macrumors newbie

No, is not working for me too... it's a bug or what else?

4. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I didn't even know that it was supposed to work like that.

I have had it work before, but the only way was with BTT. And it was actually *not* working how I wanted it to because I wanted the swipes to change songs, not albums, but for some reason the shortcut wasn't working. That explains why it was doing that, I was so confused as to why it was switching between albums since I had never assigned a shortcut for that.

I just turned off BTT and don't get the albums to switch. Very strange.

5. DiElle macrumors newbie

mmmhh.. to change songs with BTT just assign for example 3 finger swipe left/right with cmd+ arrow, it works for me, but the default two finger swipe in coverflow with itunes doesn't!:confused:

6. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

Strange a one finger swipe works in my itunes

7. zotter87 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. One finger swipe works in cover flow, and it only scrolls to the right or left when I'm in list view (which I normally am). Just got the mouse today so I'm still behind, what is the 'BTT' a few people have referred to?

8. DiElle macrumors newbie

BetterTouchTools is a program that let you assign many gestures at your Magic Mouse, like swipe with three fingers or tapping etc...
    try it here: http://blog.boastr.net/

9. Matt-M thread starter macrumors regular

Matt-M

Yes, one-finger swipe does a normal horizontal scroll -- which is usually way too fast to find anything in iTunes.

But check this: http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/includes/hero-video.html#hero-video About 1 minute 18 seconds in.

The second two parts of that work fine, the first does not at all.