Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I've been a Mac owner for less than two weeks, and I can't see to find the answer to my issue. I have been using a Razer Mamba, but wanted to pick up a Magic Mouse for regular use and use the Mamba primarily for gaming.

I quickly realized that the acceleration on the Magic Mouse is rather slow so I decided to bump it up. However, this also affected the acceleration of my Mamba. I could not find an option to setup different settings or profiles for each. Tried just lowering the DPI on my Mamba, but that just made the Mamba too slow.

Anyone know of a way I can keep the acceleration rather high for the Magic Mouse, and keep it at a more normal level for the Mamba?

Sauron's Master

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2002
Saratoga, CA / New York, NY
I've been a Mac owner for less than two weeks, and I can't see to find the answer to my issue. I have been using a Razer Mamba, but wanted to pick up a Magic Mouse for regular use and use the Mamba primarily for gaming.

I quickly realized that the acceleration on the Magic Mouse is rather slow so I decided to bump it up. However, this also affected the acceleration of my Mamba. I could not find an option to setup different settings or profiles for each. Tried just lowering the DPI on my Mamba, but that just made the Mamba too slow.

Anyone know of a way I can keep the acceleration rather high for the Magic Mouse, and keep it at a more normal level for the Mamba?

You have two buttons on the top that allow on-the-fly DPI adjustment and you can go into Boot Camp and use the Windows software to change what the specific levels for each setting are.

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
download MagicPrefs for your Magic Mouse and set the tracking speed in there, it should leave your mice the way you like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.