Magic Mouse and Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Roxy.music, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Roxy.music macrumors member

Why is it that quite often they both of them go all over the place,when i have a pound mouse and it never does that.:mad:And why do they call them magic ,there is nothing magic about them.:mad:

2. Erehy Dobon macrumors regular

Erehy Dobon

I'm pretty sure "Magic" is a marketing moniker, it doesn't really describe the technical functionality of the devices in question.

That said, I own one of each (Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad) and they work as Bluetooth input devices as one would hope to expect.

I have geriatric models of both since I need to stick AA batteries into them. That's really the only annoyance. Someday I will upgrade to the latest models, but I am satisfied with the performance of the two units I've had for years.

One thing for sure, I will use my non-Magic wired Apple Keyboard until it fails. The action of the old style "Chichlet" keys is far superior to any other keyboard based entry device Apple has produced since then.

Amusingly, the keyboard of the newly released MacBook Air 2019 is also superior to any other Apple keyboard I have used in the past five years.

3. wardie macrumors 6502

I got fed up with the “magic” disconnections of my Bluetooth keyboard and Ouse from my iMac 2017 every time I boot up. So now I wire the keyboard in and use a $10 Logitech WiFi USB mouse... Tada!!!

4. Roxy.music thread starter macrumors member

5. Roxy.music thread starter macrumors member

Yes it has to be a markerting ploy. calling them Magic.I don,t have anything against the Magic keyboard,iit r is just the Trackpad and Mouse moving about all over the place. I all so have a cheap mouse with Batteries which i have had for years which never goes all over the place like the Apple Trackpad and Mouse.

6. Duncan68 macrumors regular

Duncan68

It's interesting this thread comes up now when in the last two days I've started experiencing input lag on my Magic Trackpad 2, which makes it "go all over the place." :confused:

In my case, it seems to be triggered when I put my iPhone (which has Bluetooth enabled) in a certain place on my desk near an Anker USB hub. But I've been doing that for a long time, and it's only recently that it's started giving me trouble.
    :mad:

7. Roxy.music thread starter macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2019 ---
    Thanks for that Duncan .I don,t know why they do it i suppose it has something to do with Bluetooth it must be i should think.