legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Lately my Late 2015 Mighty Mouse that came with my iMac doesn't move well at all. It doesn't track well. I turned it on and off again, rebooted the computer, and made sure its charged. Any ideas to get this to work? I've had to switch to a wired mouse because its so bad at tracking. I don't see any dust or anything in the laser/tracker area on the bottom. Thanks.

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
What kind of surface are you using it on? I had the same issues with mine also when I used it right on the top of my Ikea Jerker desk. But Ive since gone to using it on one of those black "self-healing craft mats" and the problem went away.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I used 2 different mouse pads and 2 different desks and still having an issue. Its intermittent and really annoying.

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
Since you have a wired mouse now, could you try turning bluetooth on the computer off and on again, and reconnect the mouse? Or unpair and and re-pair it again?

I tried that before also, and it worked for a while. But I think my problem was ultimately the surface I was using it on.

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
Well, hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in. The only other thing I could think of, is something near by causing interference with the BT signal. But Im not as well versed in such things.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
For testing purpose, disconnect all USB 3.0 device, only use 5GHz wifi network (or turn the wifi off), and make sure you have a good mouse pad (usually a piece of black paper can do the job well). See if the wireless mouse work well in this config.

Also, I believe that your mouse is the Magic Mouse. Apple Mighty Mouse is actaully a wired mouse.

dcmaccam

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2017
West Coast of Scotland
Make sure that there is no fluff or dust obscuring the sensor. My Magic Mouse2 was starting to do a similar thing and I found it to be caused by fluff stuck in the sensor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.