magic mouse battery door problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by arasky, Dec 23, 2010.

1. arasky macrumors newbie

Just picked up a magic mouse and after spending 5 minutes opening up the package from all the tape the battery door cover came off. I have no idea how to get the door back on. I've spent a half hour just trying to figure it out! Can someone help me out here

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

3. arasky thread starter macrumors newbie

That was the first link I went to. The top part of the door is flush with the rest of the mouse but theres a gap at the bottom. The gap is big enough where the door touches the mouse pad instead of the black sliding bars.

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Ditto on the pics, can't really help without seeing exactly what "gap" you're talking about.

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

If I understand you correctly, you need to pull the latch back and push it in. The latch is spring loaded and will snap into place. But like others have said, please post pics so we can see what's really going on. You may need to exchange it if the door is warped or otherwise misshapen.

7. xyzzy-xyzzy macrumors member

Without a picture this is just a guess, but the spacing between the off/on slider switch and the hole it slides through in the removable battery cover is pretty small. Are you sure that slider is fully through the hole? You may have to slide the switch down a little to clear the top part of the hole.

[like I said, this is just a guess]

8. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

It can be tricky. My first MM was really bad and I had to bring it to the Genius bar. At first I was told I wasn't doing it correctly and the 'genius' showed me how to 'do it right' and then the door fell off in his hands. he gave me a brand new one. It can be a bit of a pain especially since mine loved to eat batteries (I think it did not go to sleep when my computer napped) so I invested in rechargeables.

Anyway, I now use the Apple Trackpad instead when I use my external monitor

9. verdascofernan macrumors newbie

I had heard about computer mouse in the form of a racing car, like a ferrari, can anyone please reply me where such mouse would be available as I had ask to many computer shops

10. arasky thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys thanks for all the responses, i took multiple pictures so i just left them on my photobucket account below. if you look at the first picture you can see the bottom of the cover (towards the rear of the mouse) hanging down and touching the table

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/rasky377/mighty%20mouse/

11. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

You have to press down on the slightly elongated rubberish piece at the end - down and back as I recall, to get the door to fit. It's a little tricky and I have had to fight is more than once.

12. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

From looking at the pics it appears the cover isn't seated properly.

Like the others have said it can be a pain in the ass to get it to click into place. You have to push down the end near the tab. And sometimes fiddle with the tab to get it to lock into place.

13. xyzzy-xyzzy macrumors member

Go to www.frys.com and search for "mice". Might not find a ferrari but they have other "auto mice". [talking to myself -- why would anyone want such a thing? -- do not answer that -- I'm not interested and see next sentence]

You should start a separate thread instead of trying to hijack this one.

We now continue with our regularly scheduled program...'er thread... (I hope)... :rolleyes:

14. alfonsog macrumors 6502

alfonsog

I'm having the same problem, but realized the little tab on the battery cover had broken off, therefore it doesn't stay on. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery cover?

15. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I say leave the cover off. It get's better Bluetooth reception that way, anyway. :D

16. ckelly33 macrumors newbie

I'd like one too! Mine must not have fit right...it's now missing! Short of leaving it off, anyone know where to find a spare?