Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Parystec

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
UK
Hi All,

I have had the new Mac Studio for 14 days now and have noticed that my Magic Mouse (which now works better than on the Mac Mini) has a much faster drain on the battery than before. Has anybody else noticed this ?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Because you love your new Studio so much and you're using it a lot more than your Mini? ;)

Only half joking there. If that's not the case, however, then that's quite a puzzling phenomenon. Even if your Mac Mini is older and thus has an older version of Bluetooth, I believe a later Bluetooth version brings better battery life, so that wouldn't explain it. You would be seeing increased battery life (at least theoretically) in that case.

I don't own a Studio but will be curious to see if others share your experience.

Parystec

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
UK
Because you love your new Studio so much and you're using it a lot more than your Mini? ;)

Only half joking there. If that's not the case, however, then that's quite a puzzling phenomenon. Even if your Mac Mini is older and thus has an older version of Bluetooth, I believe a later Bluetooth version brings better battery life, so that wouldn't explain it. You would be seeing increased battery life (at least theoretically) in that case.

I don't own a Studio but will be curious to see if others share your experience.
hi
I have been working the same amount as on the Intel Mac mini i7, But as the studio is so much faster, then technically I have worked less ?

Before Mac Studio (BMS) I would forget you had to recharge the mouse but now only after 14 days !! Go figure.

Reactions: satcomer

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I have a Magic Mouse and don't see a difference, but this is just my impression after using the Mac Studio for almost three weeks.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
hi
I have been working the same amount as on the Intel Mac mini i7, But as the studio is so much faster, then technically I have worked less ?

Before Mac Studio (BMS) I would forget you had to recharge the mouse but now only after 14 days !! Go figure.

14 days doesn't seem that bad to me. I use my 2019 iMac for hours every day with my Magic Mouse and I don't think I go much longer than 2 weeks between charges.

Parystec

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
UK
I have a Magic Mouse and don't see a difference, but this is just my impression after using the Mac Studio for almost three weeks.
My Magic was purchased in 2015 when they first came out. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe this is the start of MouseGate !!!!

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
14 days doesn't seem that bad to me. I use my 2019 iMac for hours every day with my Magic Mouse and I don't think I go much longer than 2 weeks between charges.
My Magic Mouse is at 60% after three weeks. I use my Mac Studio about 4 hours/day, weekends included. I never turn off the Magic Mouse though.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
My Magic Mouse is at 60% after three weeks. I use my Mac Studio about 4 hours/day, weekends included. I never turn off the Magic Mouse though.

I don't turn mine off either. I use my iMac and Mac Mini more than 4 hours/day so that's part of why my battery runs out sooner than yours, but of course it also depends on how much mouse movement and clicking you're doing during the use time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.