Magic Mouse Battery Drain on 10.9.1

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MaxMike, Jan 7, 2014.

1. MaxMike macrumors 6502

I've had my Magic Mouse for a few years now, but recently, it seems like I'm changing the batteries every week, even though I turned it off when not in use for the last set I put in. Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas? I'm going to try resetting the SMC of my Late 2011 MacBook Pro in case that somehow is causing more drain by perhaps not letting it go into sleep properly. The battery life of my Bluetooth Keyboard (2-battery) seems to be unaffected. I was about to use my Magic Trackpad instead last night, but the battery cap is stuck due to a leaky battery and I can't for the life of me get it open and it immediately disconnects.

2. Bear macrumors G3

The leaky batteries in the trackpad may have permanently damaged it and if not you want them out of the trackpad before they do.

As for the mouse, how many hours a day are you using it? I've found that 2 to 3 weeks is all I get from a set of batteries in any bluetooth mouse.

3. MaxMike thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been using it probably at least 8 hours a day lately since I'm off from school for winter break. Although I don't even get a low battery warning and iStat Pro usually says it has more than 50% battery life left.