Magic Mouse battery level inaccurately at 0%

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WillF, Dec 7, 2009.

1. WillF macrumors newbie

My magic mouse keeps indicating that the battery level is at 0% even when I just put in some new batteries in it.

Any insight into this issue? Should I exchange it.

If I get the unit as part of an imac I got from the apple online store, would I be able to get it serviced at a retail location?

Thanks.

2. alexk82 macrumors regular

dumb question

prefacing: dumb question.

where do you see the battery indicator? is it on the mouse itself. i've never really looked for it

3. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Go to System Preferences then choose Mouse. The battery indicator is at the lower left hand corner.

To the OP: Check to make sure that you didn't accidentally insert the batteries the wrong way. If they are inserted correctly, then you should get a Genius Bar appointment set up. Since you got it with your iMac, if they find a defect, they will replace it.

4. rhanbury macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue

Wireless keyboard correctly shows battery level, but magic mouse shows 0% even with new fresh batteries. I'll contact support tomorrow.

5. rhanbury macrumors newbie

Problem solved with replacement mouse

Spent hours on the phone with support trying every possible combination of restart and even a complete OS re-install. I then tried it on a friend's Mac and it showed the same symptoms, so they sent me a replacement mouse under warranty and it worked perfectly straight out of the box. So a hardware fault after all!