Magic Mouse Bottom Black Stripes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jalcot, Jun 12, 2010.

1. jalcot macrumors newbie

jalcot

It's normal for magic mouse bottom black stripes to show wear and tear after constant use. Actually I am very worried to loose my expensive and wonderful mouse forever because of these "soft plastic" stripes.

Here is my idea: We can build a stripes protector to preserve the mouse durability forever: Using a "RedBull" can you could easily cut two stripes to use as protectors!

Anyone has something better or any suggestions?

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Ha. Good idea. Is it a lot smoother than it was?

3. jalcot thread starter macrumors newbie

jalcot

Not too much, I think it could depends on the surface, but I only can say that after add the protectors, I am very satisfied with the results.

I have only one advise to build the protectors: please, be very careful with cyanoacrylate glue, try to use as less as possible...

The rest of the building process is very very easy. Nothing to explain, as you can see in the picture. It is child's play...

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Of course its smoother, red bull gave it wings! Sorry couldn't resist.

I have looked at the plastic and wondered if it would hold up. Good idea.

5. jalcot thread starter macrumors newbie

jalcot

LoL...

Well, the reason to use a RedBull can is because it is made of some kind of aluminum which is very soft. The cocacola can is stronger. After all it is only some ideas. You can use whatever you want!! I don't know if it is a good idea...

The thing is: Why Apple made a awesome multitouch mouse with a incredible steel construction... with two legs made of "crapy" plastic? I can't understant it! There are millions of stronger and resistants materials available to build these contact legs to avoid being deteriorated rapidly with the table friction! Can anyone say something about that? :confused:

Greets!

6. zebi macrumors member

I found this out recently - got a new magic mouse and compared to the old one its no where near as smooth to use. how about using some invisible shield material?