Magic mouse click

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JavaWizKid, Jan 16, 2010.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2008
    Is the right click noise supposed to sound different to the left click? Mine does, is that normal?
  2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Oct 12, 2006
    No, the same button is clicking each time.

Did you get dirt or something in the mouse?
  3. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2008
    No it's brand new! It's like the sound of the plastic hitting the metal sound then a click after it. like a mini 2 click sound.
  4. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2008
    Took it back, got a new one. I tried it in store to make sure it was fine, guess what! IT WAS FAULTY! I got another replacement, also faulty. Got a full refund. Looks like it has a flawed design! I tried the ones attached to the iMacs and 2 out of 6 were fine. Either Apple now has shocking quality control or the mouse has a design flaw. SHockingly bad for a premium cost mouse!!! Not recommended!
  5. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2009
    So... the clicking noise bothered you that much?
  6. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2008
    Wasn't just the sound, it was the feel. Correct me if I'm wrong but I paid premium for a mouse that didn't work correctly. If I pay premium for a product, I can't live with some maybe minor (to you) flaws because the reason I payed premium was so the product was flawLESS!
  7. HBOC macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2008
    I just tested this statement, and it is TRUE. The right click has a slightly different sound than the left, but it is very subtle. As far as the rest of your problems, mine has been flawless, although i just picked it up last night.
  8. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

Dec 29, 2008
    Carlisle, UK
    there's no such thing as flawless, everything's gonna have some kind of problem. also, you've paid premium because it's Apple and they can get away with it.