Magic mouse click

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JavaWizKid, Jan 16, 2010.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

Is the right click noise supposed to sound different to the left click? Mine does, is that normal?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

No, the same button is clicking each time.

Did you get dirt or something in the mouse?

3. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

No it's brand new! It's like the sound of the plastic hitting the metal sound then a click after it. like a mini 2 click sound.

4. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Took it back, got a new one. I tried it in store to make sure it was fine, guess what! IT WAS FAULTY! I got another replacement, also faulty. Got a full refund. Looks like it has a flawed design! I tried the ones attached to the iMacs and 2 out of 6 were fine. Either Apple now has shocking quality control or the mouse has a design flaw. SHockingly bad for a premium cost mouse!!! Not recommended!

5. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

So... the clicking noise bothered you that much?

6. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wasn't just the sound, it was the feel. Correct me if I'm wrong but I paid premium for a mouse that didn't work correctly. If I pay premium for a product, I can't live with some maybe minor (to you) flaws because the reason I payed premium was so the product was flawLESS!

7. HBOC macrumors 68020

I just tested this statement, and it is TRUE. The right click has a slightly different sound than the left, but it is very subtle. As far as the rest of your problems, mine has been flawless, although i just picked it up last night.

8. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

there's no such thing as flawless, everything's gonna have some kind of problem. also, you've paid premium because it's Apple and they can get away with it.