Magic Mouse Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Stuipdboy1000, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

Recently, I have been experiencing problems with my Magic Mouse's Bluetooth connection. It has been deciding to randomly disconnect at any point it pleases. I first thought it was the batteries, but after changing them for a brand new pair yesterday, I discovered this wasn't the case.

The stranger thing is, this has recently started occurring on my parents' iMac (although not as frequently).

I never noticed these problems before I downloaded and installed the Magic Trackpad software, so I'm thinking this has something to do with it. Saying that, having not seen any other reports of this, I'm not so sure.

Have any of you experienced this issue? What could you recommend for me to do / what have you done?

2. WiLLGT09 macrumors regular

WiLLGT09

gah! I have this too. It used to happen sporadically, but I have JUST noticed it doing it really frequently. I just put in some Apple batteries from the Apple charger. I also just rebooted prior to changing the batteries after a software update that updated the EFI firmware. I don't see how that could be related.

Apple battery issues?