Magic Mouse. Does it worths the money?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by diegobgr, Sep 1, 2010.

1. diegobgr macrumors 6502

Hi.

I like the Magic Mouse.

What about the quality of the materials?

Is it easy to scratch with normal use? Does it suffer de-coloration?

2. Allan in T.Dot macrumors member

Had mine for at least 1.5y. I guess there are scratches if I look hard enough at it but really, I think my table has more scratches than the mouse. No discolouration.

However, I am in ergonomics and DAMN. That mouse sucks. The scroll ball does get dirty but it's pretty easy to clean. Other than these two major concerns, a pretty good mouse.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

the aluminum body is hard to scratch, the white plastic does scratch but you can't notice it since it white.

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    The Magic Mouse has not been around for even a year yet, so it would be hard to evaluate it based on whatever someone has seen with the Mighty Mouse. Alan in T.Dot, I think you're confusing the two different mice. To answer the question, I've had two Magic Mice since just about Day One and have had no problems with scratching or discoloration. For the record, prior to that I used Mighty Mice, both wired and wireless, since their respective Day Ones as well, and again, no scratches or discoloration.

Right now I'm trying out the Magic Trackpad, which I was finally able to get into my eager little hands today......

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've had mine since it came out and it appears to be in excellant condition.
    That, combined with Better Touch Tool is fantastic.

6. Username02 macrumors regular

No scratches here on an early adopter. No discoloration either.

The mouse is very solid and easy to clean.

It works very smooth with my Mac.
    On Windows machines using the extracted driver from boot camp and VMs it is a little jankey.