Magic Mouse does not communicate in Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sng08, Sep 16, 2010.

1. sng08 macrumors member

Hi all,

I have just recently purchased a new 27" iMac i7 and everything so far seems to run as planned. I have successfully partitioned the OS Boot drive via Boot Camp to enable me to use Windows & Mac OS natively, however, in Windows XP I cannot seem to add the Magic Mouse device via bluetooth.

I have read numerous articles/threads/tutorials but still can't get to the bottom of the issue. I've followed the steps where you input the passcode (0000) or no passcode but there is no communication. Also when I right click on the mouse (device has been found), properties, I tick the box "keyboard, mouse and misc functions (HID)" it states "access denied"??

I then close the Bluetooth Device setup, start it back up to see if it has connected but unfortunately the mouse has disappeared again? Any ideas?

(Note: I am running Bootcamp v3.1 and my wired keyboard is fine.)

Many thanks in advance!

2. sng08 thread starter macrumors member

3. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

Ok I've kind of reached the end of my ideas. I have a computer at work, running Windows XP Pro service pack 3, and I brought in my magic mouse to try to get it working on that. I've downloaded and installed the 32 bit driver from Uneasy Silence, I bought a new bluetooth dongle and installed that successfully (there's a bluetooth icon in my system tray, and it appears to be working ok), but the magic mouse still won't work.

When I try to add a bluetooth device, it finds the "Apple wireless mouse", and even says it connects with it successfully. Then it tells me to click on a button with a countdown from 60 seconds to verify that I am adding the correct mouse. But the magic mouse will not connect and control the cursor. It's still double blinking the green light on the mouse.

The current mouse on this computer is a wireless microsoft laser mouse, and the microsoft intellipoint software is installed. Could this have anything to do with it? I've run out of ideas- I've spent all day trying to get this to work.

4. kovalenko777 macrumors newbie

I solved my magic windows problem!

Hi

I allso spend not just one day on solving the problem..... but in the end i was able to get the bull by his horns :D

This is how i solved it:

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Open Bluetooth Devices
    3. Klick Hardware
    4. Select Apple Broadcom Built
    5. select propperties
    6. Deinstall driver! (please be sure your magic mouse is switched on before deinstall!!!!!!!!!!)

Now just whait.... Windows is detecting new hardware searches for the driver and installs it by itself.

After that it will find your magic mouse as a PAN Bluethoot device an connect it....!

Now it will run

and if you have also problems whit your MAC Keybord the reinstallation will also take effect on it!

Hope it will help

5. sladey macrumors regular