Magic Mouse feels like it's left behind...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Carlm90, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Carlm90 macrumors newbie

I know you're going to say, oh look, another Magic Mouse user who needs Mousezoom to come to his rescue. Nooooo, I've done that and it still feels like it's lagging behind and it's not reacting to what I want it to do. It's on a wooden surface with a few lines in (usual tree lines) so maybe these lines are affecting the tracking? I can crack Mousezoom up and it's fast but it still feels slow in reacting to my movements.

Maybe I need to get used to it more but I'm not liking the Magic Mouse at the minute.

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

I had the same problem, but i installed Mouse Zoom, and it is quick. I wish it was a little faster, but oh well. I also thought that maybe i needed a mouse pad...

Have you messed with the settings in mouse zoom? Have you increased the tracking and such to the fastest? Worked for me.

3. Carlm90 thread starter macrumors newbie

It just seems unresponsive and jerky. I tried my logitech mouse and that responds to every movement but the Magic Mouse does not. AppleCare recommended I take it into a store and test it out. They also said that interference from wireless networks and cordless telephones would affect the tracking. I am disjointed to say the least and feel that it would have been a lot better for £56!

4. Thessman macrumors regular

In case you are using it with a 2009 Mac Pro, there is a thread about it, the solution is for me to have the mac looking backwards.

5. Carlm90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any chance you could point me in the direction of this thread please? What do you mean have the mac "looking backwards" ?

6. HBOC macrumors 68020

it would seem taking it to an Apple Store WOULD BE THE WORST thing you could do. Everything is wireless there. All the iPod/iPhone/MB/MBP, etc would cause more interference than any home network would.

The ones at the Apple Store are even slower than mine is. I had to mess with the settings to get a feel for it. It was still kinda slow in the store. I am surprised that Apple hasn't issued a firmware or software update for the Magic Mouse..