Magic Mouse for professional use

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maclook, Oct 27, 2009.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

Has anyone used the magic mouse for professional use, meaning Adobe CS4 or Final Cut Pro that type of use. It seems like a perfectly suitable mouse for safari browsing, but as much as i want it, it needs to perform well with my pro programs

2. dr.devious macrumors regular

dr.devious

I haven't used it at length yet but I will be getting one and I use CS4 application for 10 hrs a day on average so we will find out shortly.

3. BigFatTaxi macrumors newbie

Not sure if it is the mouse, but when I use it with CS4, my screen starts scrolling erratically from time to time. When not in CS4 everything works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

4. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

This will be a subjective point of view. I find the mouse amazing. For professional use where I move around quickly throughout CS4, LR, this and that, it isn't built for comfort and precision.

In other words, it works but I have used far better mouse that provides comfort and precision without hesitation.

This mouse is great for normal day to day use for medial tasks. When you work long hours clicking away constantly in edits, whether video or photo, it's ergonomically designed and mis-clicks can occur.

Other than that, it's a wonderful mouse.

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Well said - I agree with you. :D

6. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

its just a mouse, why wouldnt it work?

Mice are a totally personal thing.

For example, my designers *love* the mighty mouse. I hate it. Kills me to site down at one of their machines and use it.

I use a Razer Diamondback 3G, love it. Senior designer hates it.

My old studio partner used a Kensington Trackball. I hated it. She hated *all* mice. All of them.

7. kurosov macrumors 6502a

As further proof to personal preference I used to use a diamondback 3G and while it was great for a couple hours gaming i found it crippled my hand when working in illustrator or photoshop so badly that i switched to my mighty mouse.

Been using the magic mouse for a couple of days now and find it a huge improvement over the mighty mouse while being much more comfortable than the 3G.

If you are more comfortable with a low profile mouse then you probably wont find better than the magic mouse.

I know many people prefer the so called ergonomic contoured mice, but as a left handed person, they are useless for me. I find the low profile of the magic mouse to be far more ergonomic.

Just keep in mind that the magic mouse, like many apple mice are designed to be used with the finger grip style of mousing, not the full hand grip method more commonly found on logitech mice.