Magic Mouse Frustration

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by walshy05, Dec 6, 2011.

1. walshy05 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I'm a newbie to the forum since I got my first mac (13'" Macbook Air) last week, along with the air I bought a magic mouse, and oh boy has it been frustrating. Firstly its taken a while to get use to such a flat mouse but my biggest annoyance is the connection loses!! why oh why do I keep losing my connection, i've done a brief google search and some of the answer are fairly basic like stick papper and **** in there (pretty pathetic for a $75AUD mouse) is there any fix's you guys can help me with. So far loving the mac but this mouse is really driving me nuts, dare I say it but I much prefer my old $25 wireless microsoft mouse that old requires one AA battery and lasts ages! :eek:

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

That happens to me time to time. I turn off the MM and bluetooth on my laptop. Usually fixes my problem.

3. walshy05 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i've been turning it off then on, shaking, rolling the batteries around, manually connecting, trying to turn bluetooth on and off etc etc but with limited success, ive also having issues where the mouse can be jumping around the screen when moving, and scrolling not working properly at times (which I guess is due to poor connection) I seriously doubt its interference from other devices as I rarely have bluetooth running on my iphone and my other laptop is currently turned off :confused::mad:

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Why not bring it to Apple tomorrow and ask them to test it out for you? I see that as the best option :X

5. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Here's my piece of advice: return the mouse (if possible) and force yourself to use the multitouch trackpad with all those wonderful gestures. That's where all the power of modern OS X lies.
    Unless you work on graphics where you need accuracy at a pixel-level, the mouse is simply superfluous.

6. walshy05 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, at the moment taking the mouse to an apple store isn't an option because im 350kms away from the nearest store, also because I draw house plans all day on my PC I far prefer to use a mouse where possible as thats what i'm use to.

7. Bernard SG, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

In that case, mouse is inevitable, indeed.

You still can return the MM, though, and go for a more traditional one.