Magic Mouse - Gestures not working, trackpad is fine.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by raymondkerr, Oct 27, 2012.

1. raymondkerr macrumors regular

Just installed a magic mouse to my 2011 Mac Mini, it finds ok in bluetooth and all the gestures in the control panel are checked, but none of them work. The tracking of the mouse is perfect and I can control the speed of tracking from the pref pane and that works, but theres no scrolling, swiping etc.

I have a magic trackpad and all the gesture work fine. Still running OS X Lion 7.5 latest update.

I have tried resetting my SMC and PRAM but this hasn't helped with the mouse. Using the apple batteries and the mouse power is 100%. so far it is fairly useless to me if I am unable to scroll inside a browser window, I have tried various applictations, itunes, safari, chrome, iphoto etc.

please help, didn't think connecting a mouse would be so much trouble.

Thanks

Raymond

:confused::apple:

2. Namtaro macrumors regular

I just had this problem, but on my Macbook Pro.
    No gestures were working and the gestures window wasn't even showing up in the mouse options.

Turns it it was because I had USB Overdrive installed and running. It was controlling the Magic mouse and while tracking, right clicking and left clicking worked, nothing else did. Uninstalled and my Magic Mouse's working perfectly. :)

If you don't have USB Overdrive, try checking all your programs to see if any of them could be controlling your Magic Mouse.

3. raymondkerr thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I have checked for overdrive and dont have it installed. I get the gesture video up in the mouse settings but dont get a scrolling tab.

Completely stumpted on this one, what is the easiest way to make sure i'll definately dont have overdrive installed? I tried searching in spotlight

Raymond