Magic mouse get scratches or swivel marks easily?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ejuanpiman, Nov 7, 2009.

1. ejuanpiman macrumors member

Hey guy's just wanted to ask, does your Magic mouse have any swivel marks or look alike scratches on the top of the mouse where you scroll or the "trackpad" just by normal use. You can see this by putting it up against direct light from a lamp or flashlight and looking at it at an angle. Mine has started to develop them and I just wanted to know if this is just normal usage. Thank you for your time and hope you all have a pleasant weekend!:)

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

It's a plastic Apple product so by default it is easy to scratch.

3. PeterKG macrumors 6502

The Mighty Mouse didn't scratch easily or get swirl marks. The Magic Mouse should be the same. It is much better built. It doesn't creak, squeak, or have any moving parts to fail. I think it is a great improvement.

4. ejuanpiman thread starter macrumors member

Well they're not obvious when just observed with no light. It's only if you put it in direct light where you see the swirls. However I did look at my mighty mouse and I do see some of these in fact some scratches. I'm thinking just as a general rule it does scratch with use.

5. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

Umm of course its going to get scratches its plastic. The only thing in this world that doesn't get scratches is diamonds. Having said that it would have been totally awesome for a diamond coating on the top surface of this and all of their other touch sensitive devices (iPhone, glass trackpads...)

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

What moving parts? Everything "moves". You're talking about mechanical moving parts.

That being said, my MM doesn't have any scratches on the top shell, but a bunch of them on the bottom.

7. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Where have you been? Of course they do...its all part of the plan.

8. Buzz Bumble Guest

Geez, first it was the Mighty Mouse ball get dirty and stuck, now it's the Magic Mouse getting scratched. You Americans should really take more care of your personal appearance - occasionally wash your hands, cut your finger nails, ... ;)

One thing some people might need to do is remove their wedding ring or other rings (put them on the other hand so you don't lose them!).

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah those fine scratches should be normal on the plastic. Don't get too worried away about it or you will develop OCD.