Magic Mouse Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by redjada, Oct 15, 2012.

1. redjada macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a mac book pro. With it I got the blue tooth magic mouse. This thing is slower than slow. I have searched high and low for some kind of fix but the most recent I can find is from 2010? Am I missing something? Or did I just get screwed? Is there something better? Thanks for your help.

2. simsaladimbamba

What exactly is slow? What Mac OS X version do you use? Did you put in new batteries? Did you check System Preferences > Mouse > Tracking Speed if that is what you mean with "slow"?

3. redjada thread starter macrumors newbie

Running Lion, just updated this Saturday, NEW batteries (Twice). Mouse prefs are turned up to the max. Yes, tracking is slower than slow. I have had the pro for about a month but haven't used it much due to the slow mouse. Been using my dell PC to search for a possible fix with no avail. From my research, seems this is a common problem with the magic mouse. Any suggestions? I sure would like to get away form this PC. Any alternatives?

4. simsaladimbamba

Either use the trackpad or get a third party mouse. While I used the Magic Mouse for a month or two, I replaced it with a Logitech wired mouse again, as the MM is quite uncomfortable in my hands. But I did not experience any slowness.

Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

5. dreens macrumors newbie

Same problem. 10.6.8. Doesn't happen all the time, and it also happened to a logitech mouse before. I thought it was a problem with that mouse, and didn't have another computer to test it on, so I threw it out. Very upset to switch to this bluetooth magic mouse and find the same problem.

Its not a tracking setting, not a battery issue. Slow isn't the right word. The mouse' position is only updated by the OS something like twice a second, giving a jumpy uselessness. Almost certainly a prioritization issue with the OS, or maybe driver related.

Any help greatly appreciated.

6. Vandefilm macrumors regular

I used the MM for about 2 months and with me it sometimes slowed down, but this was always due to de MBA having a problem for 2 seconds to load something. After that it was smooth again. I thought the MM was comfortable after using it for 2 weeks, so no problems for me. I changed to the magic trackpad because the gestures on the MT are awesome and harder to do on the MM.
    If your not used to the MM's shape after 2 months you should buy a different one. But if you're thinking about using another mouse to deal with the 'slow-problem' I think you're making a mistake, because that's not a MM problem.

7. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

When I get the Magic Mouse I found the tracking to be slow so I increased it to the fastest setting as indicated by simsaladimbamba.

8. Flixon macrumors newbie

Flixon

I had the same problem.

I had the same problem as you. I couldn't stand the slownes of the MM, until I found MagicPrefs (google it). :eek:

:apple:Flixon:apple: