Magic Mouse in Canada

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zw-gator, Nov 6, 2009.

1. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Anyone know when FS will be getting the new MM?

Also, will it be selling for $69? It's $69 Canadian on Apple's website, but if I can avoid the shipping time and cost, I will.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10133834&catid=12503

$89.99 according to the Future Shop website. And it seems some stores have it in stock. Check the availability of your local stores using the In-Store Availability section of the product page.

Edit: Not sure of where you are in Canada, but if there's an Apple store nearby, I suggest making the trip. I never buy my Apple products from anywhere else since they opened a store in Calgary.

3. zw-gator thread starter macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

^ the information is not available at my store.

I absolutely hate phoning there.

BUT, I checked out my campus store...looks like I can get it for $69

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

That's awesome! Better than having to deal with FS. Though you could get them to price match, finding out if they have stock would be a pain in the arse...

I really don't know why they'd mark it up that much. That's a 30% markup! :mad: Some things FS does well, others not so much...

5. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

I got it for 69 at the Apple Store in downtown Montreal. :)

6. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

If you see it at Futureshop, why not price match it with the Apple Store? I've price matched there many times.

7. zw-gator thread starter macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I don't have an Apple Store when I live. Will FS PM Apple.ca's price?

8. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Cause I hate Future Shop, and I'd rather give my money to Apple than those scumbags. ;)

9. skorpien macrumors 68020

They should. Apple.ca is a Canadian retailer, and their online prices are their in store prices. I've price matched at Future Shop using the website of a retailer before. Just go to customer service and tell them the website and they'll do it for you.

10. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

I bought mine directly from Apple Canada on line. Free shipping and $69 Canadian (plus tax), delivered to my door. :p

Rich :cool:

11. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

FS has to match the price, if I recall correctly.

$69 at any Canadian Apple Store. Print out the webpage and show FS.

12. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Since this is now a Canadian thread, do any Canadian Apple Stores have the new Apple Remote yet? Or has anyone ordered online and received it?

13. zw-gator thread starter macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I decided to call FS and see if they hand it. I plan on buying it at my University computer store, but they don't have any on demo. Plus I don't feel bad giving the demos at FS a more "rugged" testing haha

I was on hold for about 15min with FS before I hung up, uggg

Anyone know if there local FS has the MM on demo?

14. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

All of the Future Shops in Calgary do. Best Buys do not (AFAIK, BB does not actually sell them yet anyway). FS' price is about $20 more than Apple (C$89 vs C$69 from Apple). I don't know if they'll price match. These mice are extremely difficult to find right now, so they may not. The Apple store here runs out of stock daily, and none of the Apple-authorized dealers have got any yet.

I paid the $90 for mine, because I couldn't wait, and there were only a couple left when I got to the store... they are not having a problem selling them at that price.

15. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

They do not have to match that. The policy is available on the FS website.

First, you have to present them with a competitor's ad. A printout of a website is not an ad.

Second, they have to verify that the item is in stock and available for "immediate sale and delivery" by the competitor. Apple's ship time on the mouse in Canada is currently 5-7 business days. Not immediate delivery, so they're not obligated to match Apple Corporate, even if they accept a printout from the web as an ad. And if your local Apple store is out (or you don't have a local store), they won't price match because you can't actually get it locally for less.

16. oweneck macrumors newbie

I have just purchased one Today from Futureshop, they have had them showing as in stock on their website since last week, however that was apparently a glitch, since at my local one they get stock in on Mondays and only just got them in Today. I luckily got there and picked up the last one they had, they must be selling fast and in high demand I guess, sadly I had to pay $89.99 for mine also. I was thinking about ordering from Apples website and then returning the other one back to Futureshop but after paying for shipping and the hassle of doing all of this, I thought that personally it wouldn't be worth it.