Magic mouse is in stock (FINALLY!) :-)))

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by glossywhite, Oct 29, 2009.

1. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

So I just called my local Apple store - Highcross, Leicester (UK: 0116 201 1900) and guess what... THEY ARE IN STOCK! :D:D

Is it just me, or did anyone else feel like that was the longest wait in history?. If it were just another Mac, I probably wouldn't have been SO impatient... but this device is revolutionary, and I cannot WAIT to get one!!.

Next step: recover from my cold virus, so I am fit enough to travel to pick one up! :D

2. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

FedEx delivered mine a few minutes ago. Really like it. The forward/back finger sweep isn't that awkward. I thought you had to scroll with two fingers, but I just found out you can do it with one (even if you have two fingers on the mouse, you can use just one to scroll while the other just rests on the mouse).

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The original iPod touch took a while to get into stores. I have a feeling that not every store has them though.

4. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Well Apple is an American company, and if the UK Apple stores have them in stock, then I'd say it is pretty much a certainty that most, if not ALL of the official Apple retail stores will be holding stock right now.

5. alabare macrumors member

Just called the Apple Store in Jacksonville, Fl again and they're still clueless stating they have no idea when they'll receive them. I call shenanigans!

6. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Looks like the Brits beat you to it, then?
    :confused:

7. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

they dont know till they open the box and recieve them, they may not get their shipments till later in the day. Realize its not the same time in Britain as it is in Jacksonville

8. alabare macrumors member

Didn't even realize the original poster was in the UK. That'll teach me!

Cheers.

9. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

The Apple store should do an availability chart on whether they are in stock like they did with the iphone.

10. mercuryguy macrumors member

mercuryguy

Apple should just forget the mouse and put a trackpad on the keyboard where the scroll buttons are located and forget the scroll buttons. They can make each button on the keyboard touch sensitive, which will let me move the mouse pointer by just moving my finger on any key.

what do you guys think?

11. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

It seems as though the Magic mouse has been around a little longer than any of us realised... since 1940!! :eek:

[​IMG]

I think this is why you don't work for Apple R&D :p

It's been done, badly, before. My friend has a keyboard similar to this:

[​IMG]

... and the usability is TERRIBLE.

12. mercuryguy macrumors member

mercuryguy

i saw that product this morning. but i bet Apple can do a better job with a touch pad on the keyboard. The point is I move my hands too much between the keyboard and the mouse, it would be nice if the track pad is on the keyboard which will reduce the movement.

and I am sorry to hijack this thread.

13. TheScappian macrumors regular

Tampa Florida

Tampa store at International Plaza still doesnt have them and just said that they were still waiting.

14. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

My first thought is why are you posting this in a thread on the Magic Mouse? It's not as if this thread is asking what people think about the mouse. It's about a new product that's recently become available and is written for people who have interest in the mouse.

And Apple would be crazy to "forget the mouse". For the vast majority of computer users, trackpads are a compromise that's necessary for laptops. Very few users would rather use a trackpad than a mouse for a desktop computer.

Would there be a market for a keyboard with built-in trackpad? There might be, but Apple doesn't apparently think enough people would buy it or they'd already offer one.

If you want to discuss the pros and cons of a trackpad vs a mouse, I suggest you start your own thread on that topic. Here, it's just a threadcrap.

15. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I think it would be good of you to rescind those comments; you were a little hostile towards him, and we all want the community to be a welcoming, friendly place. Maybe it was a *little* out of context, but you catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar.

16. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Well you guys ARE like six hours ahead aren't you?

The store at Walt Whitman Mall has them for sale individually, just got them in today as of noon. Rejoice, Long Islanders/New Yorkers!

Roosevelt Field does NOT have them yet though. And the Manhasset store isn't answering their phones unfortunately.

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just called my local Apple retail store; they have the stock, but can't sell it to me because the computers don't have the SKUs for the mice in the system. :(

18. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Did you call the Manhasset or Roosevelt Field one? Noticed your location was on the LIE off exit 37.

19. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry, but this thread wasn't titled "What do you think of the Magic Mouse" or "what should Apple do instead of the Magic Mouse". This thread was started by someone who was obviously excited that the Magic Mouse was finally available and is undoubtedly aimed at other people who are looking forward to picking one up or might have some interest in doing so. It is an inappropriate place to make statements like "Apple should forget the mouse" (and it should be noted he did the exact same thing in another Magic Mouse thread that was trying to get suggestions for how it could be improved; suggesting the product should be eliminated and replaced with a completely different product is not a very helpful suggestion).

The point is that, if he doesn't want a mouse, threads like this are the wrong place to express that opinion. It is rude. It's exactly what is meant by the term "threadcrap". If he wants to express that opinion, he should either find a more appropriate topic or start his own, not pollute topics like this one.

20. kubism macrumors newbie

21. alabare macrumors member

22. bass93 macrumors regular

I'll be going to Best Buy in Peoria, IL tomorrow. Anybody know if it'll be at Best Buy tomorrow?

23. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

Down with trackpads, long live trackpoints!

...wait im thread pooping, sorry!

On a relevant note, I'm heading off to my local Apple Store in 6 minutes to go and pick a magic mouse up :D

24. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

25. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I don't think you're apology is in meant in the true meaning of the phrase "I'm sorry", because you just shot him down. Empty, false apology, to be honest. This thread was started by ME, and I am would FAR rather have someone with an innovative and debating mind make *slightly* irrelevant suggestions, than having you just shoot the guy down, without a single ounce of respect for his opinion!!.

You may think it is "inappropriate", but you are the minority here. The fact he is talking about mice and input devices is WHOLLY appropriate, whereas needless and dismissive rudeness is just NOT.

Manners maketh a man.