Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littlegreenyoda

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

After using Lion for almost a year and I'm still having problems with the magic mouse gestures!

I can use 1 finger to swipe left and right in order to go back and forth the webpages etc, but i can't do that on folders and on appstore.

I even installed BTT but is there a proper way of doing this without the BTT? BTT is quite unstable.

My Snow Leopard is working great and do not have such issues... Would like to upgrade to Lion, but this gesturing thing is stopping me from doing so.

Thank you!

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Check the Mouse settings in System Preferences. The one finger navigation options will only work in Safari. You need to change it to two fingers for it to work in Finder, App Store, etc. I have the Magic Trackpad and have sort of the same issue where the two finger gestures work in Safari, but I have to use three finger gestures elsewhere for navigating forward and back.

Not sure why you're having stability issue with BTT. I have it installed also and have never had an issue with it crashing. Make sure you're updated to the latest version. Also make sure you're not assigning a gesture to something already assigned in the Mouse/Trackpad preferences or both actions will attempt to run and some wacky things will happen on screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.