Magic Mouse issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xxwckdxx, Apr 11, 2011.

1. xxwckdxx macrumors newbie

Maybe I'm just dumb or because I'm new to macs but I g5 updated to 10.5.8 and updated the mouse software to 1.0. I went to add a device it paired and connected clicked quit and it disconnects. And now it won't connect again, the green led is blinking on ocassion but it wont connect. Any suggestions? Is it deffective? i bought it brand new.....

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

3. xxwckdxx thread starter macrumors newbie

Took me probably ten times to get it paired it would connect but then say problem establishing a connection and when it was connected it was very very slow and jittery. Just tried pairing again I get "the pairing attempt was unseccessful. Make sure your mouse is in range of this computer...."

4. xxwckdxx thread starter macrumors newbie

I have both the bluetooth setup and the bluetooth window open...it connects and says paired then the setup dialog says pairing was unsucessful

5. c7aea macrumors regular

6. xxwckdxx thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have any brand new ones here with me but it is paired and connected now, but the thing is still got a lag also the "Keyboard & mouse" dialog doesn't display a name or battery level. And scrolling isn't woking, to me I'm thinking something is up with the mouse anyone agree?

7. c7aea macrumors regular

Could be
    how old is it? it must be the older style with the wheel. I had one that was a little over 2 years old. I eventually just gave up on it, I had to take it apart a few time to clean it to fix the wheel problems and it would randomly stop right clicking. I bought the pad now instead of a mouse.

8. xxwckdxx thread starter macrumors newbie

No wheel just bought it yesterday I think I will take it back...how is he trac pad? I was debating between the two. I also just downloaded the demo of "Mouse wizard" and it says the mouse wasn't connected and I was using to move around the screen....

9. c7aea macrumors regular

It seems like you know what your doing to set it up. So I say it could definitely be a hardware issue, unless the batteries are at fault. Maybe you can find another device to "borrow" them from just for testing. If you bought it yesterday and your not happy return it. I like the pad a lot. Its just a large version of the MBP track pad. I use ming on my lap all the time so it is really nice not having a mouse.

10. xxwckdxx thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I do alot of graphics editing etc in photoshop I was debating about using a trackpad in photoshop I will take it back tonight try another and see how it goes

11. c7aea macrumors regular

Oh honestly I think a mouse is the way to go if you need high accuracy like in photo shop. However, i have used a stylus on the pad and it is doable.
    Also I re read your original post your only running 10.5.8? But I did go on apples site and it does say you should be good if you update the wireless mouse software like you did. I HIGHLY recommend upgrading to snow leopard. It is only $30 and it will $30 very well spent.

12. xxwckdxx thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought snow leopard was intel based only? Im running a g5

13. c7aea macrumors regular

Yup a quick google search, you are correct it would not work in your case... That would not have been $30 well spend. Im sorry about that.