Magic Mouse issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RevolvingSheep, May 22, 2012.

1. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

Starting yesterday, my Magic Mouse seems to randomly lose a connection. I checked the battery in the preferences and it says it is at 100% as it should be because i changed the battery a few days ago. I first noticed this when playing Diablo 3 and my mouse would suddenly stop working and I would have to switch to the trackpad (very hard to do in the game).... but this is also happening on my desktop, so it's not the game.

Is my mouse dying?

2. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Does it lose connection when bumped slightly? Mine did that, and it was because of the battery connection inside. I folded up a small piece of paper and put it on top of the batteries and then closed the battery compartment. The paper somehow tightened the batteries/connection and solved the problem. Once I replaced those batteries, I haven't had the same issue, but it may be because I used a different brand of battery. Good luck.

3. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think so. I will be playing and just moving the mouse around and suddenly the cursor will stop moving. I press the buttons a few times and continue to move the mouse and eventually it gains a connection again. I can mess with your idea anyway though.