Magic mouse issues on Windows 7 (21.5" iMac Late 2009)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Offspring992, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Offspring992 macrumors member

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate this morning on my Late 09 21.5" iMac. Windows installed just fine, I followed the instructions Apple provided in a PDF, and I downloaded the drivers from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl995. However, with Windows installed my Magic Mouse does not work. Currently I am using a Dell USB mouse. Both the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad show up in the Bluetooth devices list, which means I must have done something right, and my wireless keyboard that came with my iMac is working just fine. Anyone have any solutions?

Attached Files:

2. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Hi i thought to add a response to you, even though it looks like your shows that something is set up.

I had some problems with setting up mighty mouse and magic mouse respectively, when I installed Xp and then when upgraded and installed W7. My solution took me back to the initial pairing of the devices. It may be something as the steps I have posted before. See if this helps. Hope so.

Follow these tips while you are in Windows 7 :

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
    2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
    3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by Windows)
    4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
    5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
    6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input

Good Luck. Let us all know what you find that works for you.

Seems that I also saw a link quite some time ago that may be helpful as well
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2221427&tstart=0

3. Offspring992 thread starter macrumors member

4. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Glad that it worked.

Now spread the knowledge the next time someone asks. :)

5. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

I am at a loss on this, I just have never run Windows in any type of virtual ware, so I thought I would BUMP this thread, knowing someone well versed in parallels may have a comment or solution. Hope so. Good Luck