Magic Mouse Lag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Trey M, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

I've recently noticed an issue with Magic Mouse lag with my rMBP. It's very random, not consistent, and it's not the battery/tracking surface/something on the mouse's lens. It seems to be some software issue. 95% of the movement will be perfect but it will randomly slow down significantly...has anyone else experienced this? Is this a ML thing? rMBP specific?

Thanks guys

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I've noticed it too. It seems to happen constantly when either Hulu or the DVD Player is running, I can't say it happens just randomly, though. It is extremely frustrating.

4. Trey M thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trey M

After looking through some articles, I found that deleting the mouse completely from your Bluetooth preferences and then re-discovering it has fixed the issue for me. At least so far. I've used it for 2-3 hours since and have yet to notice any lag. But in your situation, it's probably lagging a tad since the processor is being taxed by streaming/reading a dvd. But you should try deleting and rediscovering the mouse and see if that fixes the issue for you.

5. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

If you are using your MBP in clamshell mode, it could potentially be due to the closed lid interfering with the Bluetooth antenna. I had this problem and was able to resolve it only by using an external micro Bluetooth USB adapter.

6. trillpolo macrumors newbie

My Magic Mouse lags on me also, but it only lags when I'm on YouTube and the videos are buffering. Is that normal or is that a problem? Mostly buffering in 720p HD and up, not below the resolution.

7. Trey M thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Like I said to the other guy, my guess is that streaming is taxing the processor causing your mouse to lag. I've noticed it a couple of times when streaming, but it wasn't nearly as severe as the lag I was experiencing yesterday. I'd rule a slight lag when streaming video normal, however severe lag might not be so normal. Try deleting the mouse and re-discovering it and see if that helps with video.

8. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Try going to your bluetooth preferences, click the gear and select "show more info" then click the gear again and click "add to favorites". This gives the device priority and fixed it for me.