Magic Mouse & Magic Trackpad woes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by djrobsd, Jul 12, 2011.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I want to love these shiny and sleek sexy devices on my desk, but as someone who has used a Logitech Trackman Marble for 10+ years now on both my Macs and PCs, I'm having a hard time falling in love. I took the trackman off my desk several weeks ago and have been exclusively using the Apple keyboard, mouse, and trackpad, but.. The mouse is so obnoxious... It's so easy to accidently right click instead of left click... or accidently swipe back on a web page in the middle of filling out a survey where you're clicking a bunch of radio buttons.

As for the track pad... I can't use it as a mouse replacement, it doesn't have the precision... And the clicking on that.. WOW you have to press down way too hard to click... and the tap is just too unpredictable, I just can't get the tapping action down.

Has anyone else switched from other input devices and been able to adjust settings and get used to using these beautiful pieces or art, or are they just that... art work on your desk?

Help me like mine. :)

2. iGrainger macrumors member

iGrainger

I'm in the same boat as you. I used to use the Razer Diamondback 3G mouse on my PC, but when I switched to my iMac I decided to start using my Trackpad. It's good, but, I completely agree, it's not as precise as a mouse, and you have the issues with changing back swipes by accident in a webpage, or any other.

I have both, the Magic Mouse and Trackpad. I can't use the Mouse quite frankly, it's not ergonomic and it's really hard to be able to use it on a constant basis, so I'm using the Trackpad browsing the web. That's fine. I'm loving it, but for games, and anything else, neither two work.

Up to you though, you'll get used to it and you won't make such silly mistakes browsing the web accidentally going back a webpage.

Hope you get used to it though.