Magic mouse major battery drain

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nooaah, Feb 28, 2011.

1. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I reset my PRAM last night due to some other issues I was having. The Magic Mouse battery was at about 80% or higher when I shut it down. I turned my laptop back on at 8pm tonight. I left it idle while downstairs and by 11pm it was down to 20%. 11:30pm down to 10%. Midnight, it died.

What the hell could I have done? Should I reset the PRAM again? I'm at a complete loss!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with mouse batteries. Resetting it won't help at all. It sounds like you have a problem with the mouse, not your Mac.

3. nooaah thread starter macrumors 68000

nooaah

I didn't reset it because of the mouse. The battery drain just began abruptly after the PRAM was reset.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The mouse battery is completely unrelated to the NVRAM being reset. They have nothing to do with each other.

5. nooaah thread starter macrumors 68000

nooaah

I'm going to swap the batteries and see if the problem persists. Would the geniuses even be able to do anything or would I just have to buy another?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not sure there's much they can do, but it never hurts to try. After you swap the batteries, if the problem persists, I'd have them check it out.