Magic Mouse = No Connect.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ^^ CoolMacLover, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

Hello, I have a small problem. I have a magic mouse, and it has been connected to my mac (24" iMac) and no problems. Until I went to windows and tried to connect it there to do some school work. It wouldnt connect there, and now it wont connect to my mac. It will connect to MBP (13") but not my mac.

*I dont have any more mouses ATM cause they have been sent back to get fixed*

So... How do I get my mouse to work?

- Also another questions, is there any way to use my keyboard (apple wireless keyboard) as the 'mouse' like how in windows you can use tab to highlight things, and enter and space to 'click' ? -

Thank you,

Jack.

2. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

3. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

I fixed it ;D

Well I fixed it :D Incase this happenes to someone else and they find this thread. Here is how I fixed it.

*Note- I had no mouse so used keyboard for control*

Open start > control panel > Bluetooth Devices (I had tried to pair the mouse before but it wouldnt work with the pass code which is 0000 (four zeros))

Seeing that the mouse was there but not fully paired go to the mouse name (may be different) and go to the properties of it (Properties when the mouse is high-lighted) > Services. There should be a service saying "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID) click it. then go Apply. :D Mouse now should work for both windows and mac. :D

4. barnburner13 macrumors newbie

thanks for this post....I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out. I couldn't find any help on any other site. Thanks again