Magic Mouse..... Not So Magical!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rookie1986, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

A few weeks back my second Mighty Mouse packed in, since then I have been using a cheap £5 plug and play mouse from Argos. Today I was in town and spotted the Apple Magic Mouse, so I thought what the hell I'll give Apple one more try to see if they can make a decent mouse, I've now been using it for a few hours but just can't see what it really offers me over a normal £5 mouse from Argos, sure it has a few little extra "tricks" but thats all they are, I use my Mac 90% for Photo Editing and don't really notice any benefit to my work that I can't achieve with a regular cheaper mouse. I'm now having second thoughts and think I might return the mouse to the store,.

Also on a side note, the mouse feels a little too small and almost un-ergonomic to hold. Most of the time it feels like you have to continuously reposition your hand while using it which is also a downside, has anyone else found this??

/Rookie

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Have you tried Better Touch Tool? It isn't a good mouse for editing though, a normal 10£ mouse is a lot better. In general use, I love it. I have like 30 gestures so that I can do almost everything with it, other than typing of course :p

3. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think it might be returning to the store tomorrow and been replaced by something like a Razer DeathAdder.

The only thing I can't complain about is the way the mouse looks, which is just beautiful!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You have 30 gestures for the mouse alone?

Would you be so kind and share it? Or is there some special thread about this?

I tried BTT with my iMac and MM and somehow BTT was responsible for having to restart every once in a while because no inout from any input device was registered, be it wireless or cabled.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I definitely would if I was on my Mac (or at home), I can PM you when I get back home ;) BTT has gotten a lot updates so could be worth it to give it another try

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I will try the latest version, and a PM would be very welcome. Thanks.

And you're not home yet? It's night and you are on the road and still able to use that www? Taxis have come a long way since that Night on Earth.

7. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

I still haven't managed to bring myself to return the mouse, I just don't know what it is..... a part of me wants to "Learn" to get use to it as it just looks so awesome

I can't make up my mind lol!!!

8. clientsiman macrumors 6502

clientsiman

I have a Razer DeathAdder for about two year and never had any problem with it. I have to agree that magic mouse is very cool but for my, ergonomics is way more important that the looks for me.

9. Big Bad D macrumors regular

Magic Mouse is great and even better with MagicPrefs.