Magic Mouse on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KKKL, Oct 25, 2009.

1. KKKL macrumors 6502

I'm very interesting with the new Magic Mouse. Have anyone already got it? Is it work perfect on MacBook Pro? How's under VMWare Fusion and Boot Camp? Please share your review.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

Sadly, it's not out yet. Rumor has it that it will be out on Monday October 26th. Nothing confirmed.

Also, it does not work in Boot Camp Windows. It will probably work in VMWare Fusion. Although that's just my best estimate.

I even called the NYC 5th Ave Flagship Store, and they didn't have it. I called a bunch of Apple Stores, no one has it, no one is telling me when.

3. eMagine macrumors regular

eMagine

out

[​IMG]

checked it out yesterday at Fry's. what an awesome mouse.

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

haha it must be difficult to try the mouse in a Apple Store :)

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

Maybe the West Coast got it first. No Fry's in NYC. Everyone here tells me not out. I see your picture though. Looks awesome! Too bad it's got that cable on it.

Edit: Actually I remember, they come with the new iMacs. So if that was a new iMac it came with it. Did they have any standalone for sale?

6. vant macrumors 65816

7. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

tried it at best buy. I didn't think it was going to be ergonomic but its not bad in that regard.

in terms of how well it works compared to my wireless mighty mouse, well it just kicks butt.

It seemed to be more precise and responsive on the 27" imac i was testing it on. I don't think it would make a difference if it were being used with a macbook pro.

They also had the mouse with no cord attached for security, though they did have a bestbuy employee stationed at the mac section to overlook.

Its SO much better than my mighty mouse. I called my local apple store and they said they would have them in stock on the 26th, tomorrow. I plan on getting one after work if they're still in stock.

I think I'm also going to be getting a couple of them to give to people for the holidays, as I think it will make a fantastic gift to anyone with a mac.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Anybody know if the motion/speed of the mouse has been improved? Although I've accepted what it currently moves at, I can't stand that even at max, it still moves pretty slow and find that I have to move the mouse more to get to a specific spot especially if I'm connected to my LCD TV.

9. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

The speed issue is still there. At max setting I have to lift the mouse and move it back to get from side to side on my 27" iMac, and if I am going corner to corner diagonal, I have to lift it twice.

In Bootcamp the mouse works, but there is no multi touch features. Also the mouse doesn't become active in Windows until about 10-15 seconds after Windows has finished starting.

I would imagine the forth coming bootcamp support for Windows 7 will address those issues.

10. vote4anh macrumors newbie

placed my order and getting it this wednesday! can't believe they still have the mighty mouse still for retail price at the apple store! :p