Magic Mouse or Apple's renamed Apple Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by n459umb4786ers, Oct 25, 2009.

1. n459umb4786ers macrumors regular

Not including the sticky scrolling bottom problem on the Apple Mouse, is the Magic Mouse worth the extra money? Is it worth buying a mouse from Apple at all in the first place or should I buy one from Logitech? I'm just asking because I've heard people complaining that mice from Apple are uncomfortable to hold and not very easy to use and they rather go with Logitech.

2. xper macrumors 6502

xper

Couldnt you take this in your other thread?

Anyway, my setup as follow (and the one i recommend)
    Logitech MX Revolution when using the computer on my desk at home!
    Magic Mouse when traveling or just takes the computer with me to the cottage (cottage sounds so boring, is there a better word for this? :S)

It´s nice to have Spaces, hide all windows, exposé, forward/back and page end/top on the MX Revolution, all this will probably never come to the magic mouse but i hope that atleast expose and spaces come to the Magic Mouse

3. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I've found 90% of purchasing a mouse is personal preference.

A perfect example - I received a Dell Bluetooth with my laptop at work. After using it for an hour my forearm was killing (carpal tunnel). I gave it to a co-worker and he had the same exact issue. We then thought we would make a bet with another co-worker that he couldn't use it all day.

Sure enough he did and he is still using it (6-months later). He thinks it's great.

The major complaint with the Mighty Mouse is the scroll ball. I haven't personally had any issues, but it is very common. The Magic Mouse is still really new to get much feedback. I ordered mine the day it was announced and it still hasn't shipped.

I would suggest you go onto Amazon.com and check out reviews to narrow your search down. Then, go down to your local Best Buy or Fry's and try them all out to find the perfect mouse for you.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

definitely! i upgraded to the MX revolution after using the wired mighty mouse. i was about to purchase the wireless, but i saw on eBay the Logitech MX Rev. going for 40$ shipped!

needless to say i picked it up and haven't looked back

5. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

6. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

What Logitech mouse would you recommend thats cheaper than the Apple Mouse? If it's the same price or more I'll just go with the Apple Mouse.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

how about you go to best buy and try them out

its all subjective.......hence why theres a billion different type of mice to get

8. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to go with the Logitech MX™620 Thanks for the opinions and recommendations though