Magic mouse or Magic trackpad for my new Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Colin0317, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Colin0317 macrumors member

Hi guys,

I want to get either the Magic trackpad or the Magic mouse for my Macbook. I use it mostly as a desktop.

I like the trackpad on the Macbook, but I'm not sure if it could replace a mouse. Plus, I'm not sure how much more comfortable and convenient it would be compared to the trackpad on the Macbook.

The magic mouse looks nice. Some love it, some hate it. On the plus side, I have always used a mouse and never had any issues.

I really want something with bluetooth to free up one of my USB port that is currently being used by a mouse.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Get the one you like the most. I hate the track pad, so I use the Magic Mouse.

3. Colin0317 thread starter macrumors member

I think I'll go for the Magic mouse as I have a trackpad on the Macbook already. Best of both worlds. :)

4. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

Agreed, why have two of the same thing (assuming you have the MacBook Pro open). I've used both the trackpad and the magic mouse, and both are fine to me. I have a trackpad at home and a magic mouse at work and I never really notice a loss of functionality or comfort between the two.