Magic Mouse Or Mx Air

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BigStrip, Nov 16, 2009.

1. BigStrip macrumors member

Just curious, which one would you get if you could choose either. I know there not exactly the same, so explain why you get whichever one.

2. Decker macrumors member

Decker

I have both and have stopped using the Magic Mouse and gone back to the MX Air. The biggest complaint I have with the Magic Mouse is the shape of it. After having the sharp edge dig into my palm all day I want to throw it at a wall. I've tried holding it differently (resting my palm on the desk) but invariably it ends up digging into my hand. The other problem I have with the mouse is that the two finger swipe is 50/50 working or not. I usually have to do it at least twice to get it to work.

I'm selling the Magic Mouse to a co-worker who seems to think that he won't mind having it dig into his palm.

Oh well, I wanted to like this mouse but in the end it's just another failed Apple mouse imho.

ps. Apple disabling momentum scrolling in Leopard is incredibly lame as well. If you are using a Magic Mouse under Leopard and want it type/paste this in the terminal
    "defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse MouseMomentumScroll -bool true"

Chris

3. Greenman85 macrumors regular

A. you must have the most sensitive hands in the world because it is not even remotely sharp.
    b. do you even understand how to hold the magic mouse? the magic mouse is borderline perfect

4. t-rev macrumors member

Sharp edge? You are a pansy. There is not one sharp edge on that thing. I'm guessing you are looking for a reason not to like it. I have both of the above mice, I use the Mx at home and Magic Mouse when I travel. Works great for me. Nice slim design travels well.

5. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

It almost sounds like your Magic Mouse is 90 degrees off kilter.

6. Decker macrumors member

Decker

So I'm a "pansy" with "the most sensitive hands in the world" who doesn't "even understand how to hold the magic mouse".

The internet is serious business.

Chris

7. KFOG macrumors newbie

KFOG

I just got 6 stitches in my hand thanks to Magic:)