Magic Mouse Owners

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mantasis, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Mantasis macrumors member

I've got a MBP and I'm having some issues with my magic mouse, which I wanted to see if others have experienced...

Basically, my magic mouse connects with my MBP 50% of the time properly and the other 50% I have to disconnect the unresponsive(but connected mouse) and then reconnect it.

Second to that issue is that the mouse becomes incredibly jerky. Empirically, when I lift the mouse up and the solid green light appears because it detects no surface, I then bring down close enough to the surface that the light turns off. When the mouse detects the surface it goes berserk... I do not physically touch the surface...just float it above, so it's not the batteries shifting around inside...So I'm left wondering now...

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. simsaladimbamba

What exact MacBook Pro and Mac OS X version do you use?
    Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?
    Have you tried un-pairing and re-pairing the mouse yet?

3. Mantasis thread starter macrumors member

I'm using 10.7.3 on 15" mid 2010.
    I've tried pairing and unpairing, I've taken my old com.apple.bluetooth.plist and tossed it onto my desktop (suggested in a search) and I haven't tested it on another user, but instead paired it with my brother's iMac, where it was fine and functional...

Additionally, I paired my keyboard which worked fine on my MBP, but I did happen to notice that my bluetooth menu bar icon would pinwheel for a bit every time I selected it(whilst it was connected to a device)...

Have you had either of these problems?

4. Mattyb91193 macrumors newbie

Mouse

The mouse batteries are having trouble. I solved the issue by placing several pieces of little paper between the two batteries and the cover. It helps them keep constant contact and I have not had an issue since.