Magic mouse re-connect after battery change

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Precision4, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Precision4 macrumors newbie

Why won't my magic mouse re-connect after I change the batteries? Is it because the mouse died before I changed the batteries? Must I turn off the mouse and change the batteries before they die in order for it to re-connect my mouse?

I have tried everything, but it all results in me having to restart the imac in order for it to re-connect. This is driving me nuts.

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Logically, it's not a bad idea to switch the mouse off before removing the batteries and switch it back on when they have been replaced with fully charged ones. Then, just click the mouse.

3. Precision4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do switch it off, but that is after it has died. It seems that if the batteries die, the mouse does not auto connect once you replace the batteries and turn it back on.

At what battery level do you change the batteries. It said 21% before it died. I would think it would go down to 10% or so before it actually shut off. Although, I completely understand that the reading may not be that accurate.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have never had that problem with my magic mouse. When it gets to around 10 percent I just remove the batteries, install charged ones, then just hold the left mouse button and it works again.

5. Precision4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Has it ever died before you changed the batteries...?