Magic Mouse - Right Click Success Percentage...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by scrapple, Feb 9, 2010.

1. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

I have to say that my right click success percentage on my magic mouse is about 75%... it drives me insane.

2. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Search for and download Better TouchTool Pro (free), it allows you to customize the right click and middle click areas of the magic mouse.

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Hmm. That is interesting. I didn't realize there was any issue in regards to this. My right click success rate has been exactly 100%.

4. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

ditto. maybe it has to do with finger coordination.. :D jk.

5. scrapple thread starter macrumors regular

scrapple

sometimes ill click on the far right of the mouse to try it, and it still will left click..
    i mostly use right click in firefox to open up a site in new tabs, and it drives me crazy when it misses the right click and opens in the same window.

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Have you done that also while lifting your index finger off the mouse? When you right click, make sure the only finger touching the mouse is the one you're using to right click. Just trying to make sure that you're not somehow applying the pressure with the other finger as well. If you still can't figure it out, go to your local Apple Store and trying doing it there. If you still have problems, ask for help from the staff.

7. Mike Macintosh macrumors regular

Mike Macintosh

same here :confused:

8. Hoto-p macrumors newbie

Magic mouse right click issues resolved

Hi all

I had major issues with the Magic Mouse .. it was almost unusable on my Dec 2009 MacBook with Snow Leopard, but worked perfectly with a friend's mac.

Not sure if this will work for you. After 3 hours with various Apple Care and in-store support people, finally an Apple Genius tried removing all my preferences and having me recreate them, and this worked.

There is a conflict between Magic Mouse and some user preference. I don't know what it is but expect to find out soon as I start to rebuild my application preferences.

Here's the whole story.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2318324&tstart=-1

Hope this helps some of you out.

9. NIPRING macrumors 6502

Every once and awhile, my right click wont work for about half a day. I'm gonna try this fix.

10. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

This is the same issue I have with mine, and it is driving me crazy as well. It'll work fine for days then all in the sudden it'll stop working for a little while, and then goes back to normal. There is no consistency to it. I always use the mouse the same way, but sometimes I'll go to right click to open a link in a new tab and it'll left click it causing me to leave the page I was on. Very irritating!

11. funlad macrumors regular

This was the solution to my problem - I couldnt work out why often when I right clicked, the mouse behaved as if I had left clicked! The solution was that my left finger was still resting on the mouse while I right clicked, and it registered the click as a left click. Just make sure that your left finger isnt still touching the surface when you right click, and it will work perfectly!