Magic Mouse Right-Side Issues?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ryan.stewie, Dec 2, 2009.

1. ryan.stewie macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

One thing I've noticed with my magic mouse is that I can't click the far, far right side (along the edges of the mouse on the right side). Is this normal? It just wont click, it doesn't even make a 'click' sound when I try to click any part of the right edge of the mouse.

2. thebeans macrumors regular

Me Too

I liked my Magic Mouse a lot at first. Ordered it the first day it was released. But it has quickly developed a couple of problems. The main problem is the right click has become very awkward. It is as if the "clicker" doesn't work on the right side. I think there is only one actual clicker and it determines a right click by your position on the mouse. But if I try to click toward the right side it does not work well at all. Feels like a two button Windows mouse that has a bad clicker under the right button. Also it seems to have developed an overall "looseness" that I don't like. When new, if I pushed down on the mouse as if to click there was no play. It just moved down and then clicked. Now it is as if there is a small amount of play and the mouse top will move down just a couple mm with very little resistance as if the top is loose and then the resistance will increase and the click will occur.