Magic Mouse ruining my experience

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ventuss, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ventuss macrumors 6502

I was used to a Macbook Pro and I've been using both trackpad and magic mouse on my late 2013 iMac, problem is, the mouse is too slow compared to my magic trackpad, I have to move my hand a lot to cross the screen.. Is it normal? I use my mouse on a wood table, almost same material as the Apple Store standard.

2. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

change the speed in preferences

3. ventuss thread starter macrumors 6502

I already did. It is on max.

4. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

it's pretty fast then. Prob a just seems slower because your moving it around a 27" screen

5. ventuss thread starter macrumors 6502

The magic trackpad is extremely faster, it makes my mouse look stone age. I need the mouse to get my work done, but it feels wrong.. slow.. I wonder if it may be broken, maybe mine is not ok..

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I use a magic mouse only for all my work on a 27" and it is very quick. I have the tracking set to fastest. If yours is slow, then all I can say is that there may possibly be something wrong with your mouse.

7. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

maybe because I like mine fast too and it's fast enough for me. make a vid of it. let's see

8. Washuu macrumors member

I had to install SteerMouse to make any mouse work at an appropriate speed in OS X. The built in mouse acceleration profile is crap.

9. TechJohnson macrumors newbie

TechJohnson

This sounds strange. I'm using the Magic Mouse on my 27" display. If I plug in a Logitech mouse (for example), it does seem faster. But either way, the Magic Mouse is still quick. Could be a faulty sensor of some sort.

10. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

I have one Magic Mouse of three-year age that has become slow. It did not want to go where it is desired even with a setting for the fastest movement. I replaced it with a new Magic Mouse.

11. ventuss, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014

ventuss thread starter macrumors 6502

I heard the Magic Mouse has 800dpi, is that so? It explains a lot I guess...

I am thinking about buying the SteelSeries Sensei with over 2600 dpi or so, I guess there is no other solution, I even tried the MagicPrefs and still bad results.