Magic Mouse Scrolling Stops Intermittently

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by coreyk, Oct 8, 2013.

1. coreyk macrumors newbie

coreyk

On the Mavericks GM, when using the Magic Mouse to scroll vertically through a table, the scrolling will randomly stop working in the table, both on the Magic Mouse and my Retina MBP internal trackpad. If I move the mouse cursor away from the table, then back in, Magic Mouse scrolling starts working again for a while, but will again stop after some short random amount of time. This only happens with the Magic Mouse though, my internal trackpad doesn't exhibit this problem, nor does a USB mouse. The trackpad scrolling only stops responding if I was initially scrolling with the Magic Mouse. And unlike other posters, I don't need to log out or reboot to get scrolling working again, only move the mouse away from the table and back into its borders.

What I've noticed is that when this happens during the rubber band scrolling at the top of a table, the rubber band seems to get "stuck" at some point above the top of the table, and when I move the mouse cursor away from the table, the rubber band releases the table and it scrolls back to the top position.

Has anyone else seen this problem at all? I've filed a bug report with Apple but haven't heard anything back yet. This is also the first version of Mavericks that I've installed on my MBP, I didn't install any of the developer previews, and this was an upgrade from Mountain Lion.

2. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

I have a similar issue with my Magic Mouse: every time I scroll faster in Finder (column view mode) it stops scrolling for a second. It's been like this since Mountain Lion.

3. ale82to macrumors newbie

same problem here i m gonna drop apple for good