Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrummerBASS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
Bought a Magic Mouse just after Christmas and it recently ran out of batteries. So I just left it for a while as I forgot to get some new batteries and tried to replace them and fire it up today; but it just didn't work. Didn't turn on, nothing.

I've tried entering my serial number on the request a repair bit on the apple website but it wont accept my serial number for some reason, shall I just ring them?

Anyone had these issues before? thanks.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Bought a Magic Mouse just after Christmas and it recently ran out of batteries. So I just left it for a while as I forgot to get some new batteries and tried to replace them and fire it up today; but it just didn't work. Didn't turn on, nothing.

I've tried entering my serial number on the request a repair bit on the apple website but it wont accept my serial number for some reason, shall I just ring them?

Anyone had these issues before? thanks.

i have not experienced any issues with my magic mouse, and i must say i love it. at one point, i accidentally dropped it, and other than a nick in the plastic and a nick in the aluminum, it work just like the day i bought it. I would recommend calling apple, but they may not be able to do much for you. If I were you, I would call Apple for troubleshooting, and if it still doesn't work, I would make an appointment at the genius bar and when you go in, bring your mac's serial number and explain the issues to them. (Sorry for this huge run-on sentence.)

DrummerBASS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
I don't know about the warranty for mice, but it should be 1 year. Just make a genius bar appointment and show them. Maybe bring some new batteries or something.

Just checked the little leaflets in the box and it's a year. good times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.