Magic Mouse slows down and speeds up

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by illegalprelude, Apr 2, 2011.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Hey everybody, in the last few days, I've ran into an interesting problem with my Magic Mouse. The mouse seems to slow down at times where I can drag it to the right and left no problem but will have a hard time going up and down on my screen (and not scrolling, but actual movement) and sometimes it will be ok.

I have a 27" iMac with 10.6.7 and I have the Magic Mouse update that was issued many many months ago.

I also have an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and the Trackpad and those function no problem and all 3 equipment have always been used together.

I did Verify and Repair Disk Permissions and I even reseted the PRAM on my iMac and still no go.

I took it into the Apple store a few days (didnt take my iMac cause didnt think it was worth lugging it) and of course there, it worked no problem and so they wouldn't replace my mouse.

Any thoughts? Because this is driving me bonkers and I would love to not drag my 27" iMac into the 2nd floor and through the mall.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Have you tried it on different surface? Maybe your mouse mat has some dust or other crap on it that makes the mouse act weird.

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I've tried that and no go unfortunately. Another thing that the mouse does is that it disconnects and reconnects a few times during the day. In my console logs, is there a particular area for bluetooth that would document this?