Magic mouse sticks/freezes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by am1971, Nov 14, 2009.

1. am1971 macrumors member

Anyone else noticed a problem with the Magic Mouse in that it seems to get stuck for a few seconds at time?

It'll work perfectly, then I can't move it left or right (only barely), you can click, it'll move up and down more than left or right but still not much, and then after about 10 seconds it'll work perfectly.

Is it just mine?

2. djrobx macrumors member

3. ooninay macrumors member

What computer are you using it with? I had the same problem with my early 2009 Mac Pro. Genius Bar diagnosed Bluetooth hardware problem in the computer, replaced Bluetooth module, took it home, same problem. Back to the store. Replaced Bluetooth antenna, took it home, same problem. I've pretty much given up. There are numerous forum posts about this problem, e.g., here.

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

5. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I also have an early 2009 Mac Pro and now with a Magic Mouse and I am experiencing a lag (half second or so), wouldn't describe as a sticking problem. It's annoying when I am trying to be precise and click on a certain area and miss because of the lag. I notice the lag when my Mac has to do something as when the hard drive spins.

Anybody else have my issue? I still have another week or so to return it. I bought because I was tired of cleaning my track ball on the Mighty Mouse every 2 months or so. That's not bad, I suppose, so I may go back to the Mighty Mouse.

6. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Same problem. I have 2009 quad MP. Been driving me crazy. Works fine with wireless Mightly Mouse, just the Magic Mouse. Was going to book a Genius appointment to see what the problem is. Have tried reinstalling the mouse software update to no avail.

7. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain